BreakForth Solutions, Inc. (BSI) is seeking an experienced Data Engineer (ETL), SME to join our team of dynamic professionals. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity to express your talents and grow professionally, please contact us at www.BreakForthSolutions.com to apply or respond to this requisition today! We offer 100% employee paid medical benefits and matching 401K program, amidst other great benefits!
The Data Engineer will manipulate data and data flows for both existing and new systems. Additionally they will provide support in the areas of data extraction, transformation and load (ETL), data mapping, data extraction, analytical support, operational support, database support, and maintenance support of data and associated systems. As a member of the team, candidates will work in a multi-tasking, quick-paced, dynamic, process-improvement environment that requires experience with the principles of large-scale (terabytes) database development, large-scale file manipulation, data modeling, data mapping, data testing, data quality, and documentation preparation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- 10+ years of related software engineering and ETL experience.
- Experience building and maintaining data flows in NiFi or Pentaho.
- Excellent organizational, coordination, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Experience with the following languages: Java/J2EE, C, C++, SQL, XML, XQuery, XPath, Ruby on Rails, HTML/XHTML, CSS, Python, Shell Scripting, JSON
- Knowledge of servers operating systems; Windows, Linux, Distributed Computing, Blade Centers, and cloud infrastructure
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to comprehend database methodologies
- Focus on continual process improvement with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to follow directions and finish task
BreakForth Solutions, Inc. (BSI) is an equal employment opportunity company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
- Research, design, develop and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or application software.
- Develop complex data flows, or makes significant enhancements to existing pipelines.
- Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
- Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
- Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation.
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for the ETL process
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.