Job Title: Project Manager/Civil Engineer, Senior
Position Type: Hire
Location: Rosslyn, VA
Security Clearance: Top Secret / SCI with Poly
BreakForth Solutions, Inc. (BSI) is seeking a Project Manager/Civil Engineer, Senior
with TS/SCI and favorable Poly to join our team of dynamic professionals. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity to express your talents and grow professionally, please contact us at www.BreakForthSolutions.com
to apply or respond to this requisition today!
Works within the customer environment as part of a customer/contractor team performing as a principal engineering contributor to multiple discipline engineering projects. Reviews and interprets A/E construction documents and specifications. Serves as a technical liaison between Customer stakeholders and Sponsor’s design review personnel. Duties include:
- Participating in multiple aspects of design, development, production and editing of facility drawings.
- Providing guidance and training to customer and contractor personnel as to necessary information needed to acquire building permits.
- Conducting in house classes on the proper use of PowerPoint to develop engineering drawings. These are submitted for design review and eventual release and permitting.
- Maintaining drawing files, both electronic and paper copies, to ensure paper holdings are kept to a minimum and only relevant and most up-to-date files are available.
- Preparing and coordinating the pickup and transfer of classified destruction.
- Maintaining supplies needed for classified waste containment.
- Coordinating with Project Managers on issues of project planning timeline, adherence to productivity and progress of tasks.
- Assisting Project Managers with problem solving solutions and suggestion on productive approaches of completing large scale tasking.
- Providing follow-up to ongoing tasks to ensure projects are completed or plans are in place for their completion.
- Coordinating ongoing project task as a liaison between design teams, project contractors and product suppliers.
- Providing product purchase items data needed to complete task and providing material data sheets that are utilized to assist the engineers in making sound recommendation for large scale purchases.
- Properly preparing and wrapping documents and materials, in accordance with established guidelines, for classified shipment.
- Utilizing CAD equipment and other drawing software to produce design layouts and providing presentations that are utilized by program and project managers for briefing current/ongoing projects in order to accurately convey the details needed to provide insight to projects.
- Data Transfer Officer, responsible for providing support related to the handling of all electronic media associated with the program. Upon request of service, ensure that files are properly handled, and their contents are treated at the level assigned. Ensure electronic storage materials are destroyed as required by established guidelines.
Additional responsibilities include being responsible for multiple functions related to program support, such as:
- Traveling as a member of the design/survey team to facilities that are in need of utility upgrade.
- Preparing document packages for site visits that assist and prepare the field engineers and providing them much needed information in regard to existing site conditions.
- Scanning, copying, and printing full size documents
- As requested, converting existing files to PDF, TIFF and PowerPoint formats for multiple groups, this allows them to view files in a format that is available to them on their workstation.
- Ensuring all required documentation is collected and maintained upon completion of any major recap project.
- Ability to clearly articulate technical and non-technical subject matters, both verbally and in writing, to technical and non-technical Customer personnel.
- In-depth understanding of electrical engineering design and construction principles.
- Familiarity with mechanical engineering and architectural design and construction principles.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Willingness to work as required to get the job done on time and within budget.
- Significant prior experience with Government contracting practices and procedures.
- Ability to develop gross design and construction cost estimates.
- Working knowledge of Department of State Overseas Buildings Operations office requirements and procedures.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- Proficiency with Visio drafting software.
- Proficiency in customer’s Project Management Contract process.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, including MS Project and Lotus Notes.
- Working knowledge of Customers communication applications for reporting to and from CONUS to OCONUS
- 12+ years of experience required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or technical discipline with twenty (12) years of relevant technical experience; Master of Science degree in engineering or technical discipline with twelve (10) years of relevant experience
- Equivalent experience can be substituted for educational requirement.
- Weapons Certification is not required for hire but must be willing and capable of becoming certified.
- Professional engineering licensure preferred but not required.
- OCONUS travel, is not required.**
- Up to 10% CONUS travel, as required (approx. 2-3 domestic trips per year for periods of 2-3 days).**
**Travel requirements/amount and duration are subject to the needs of the Customer and maybe more or less than what is listed.**
BreakForth Solutions, Inc. (BSI) is an equal employment opportunity company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.