Secret or TS/SCI – no poly required
BreakForth Solutions is seeking an experienced Production Operations Manager to join our team of exceptional professionals to facilitate innovative requirements to meet customer and business work objectives. If you are seeking an exciting opportunity that comes with 100% employee paid medical benefits, please contact us today! (Must have TS/SCI Clearance).
AS A PART OF THE TEAM YOU MAY ALSO SUPPORT or GROW TO SUPPORT:
- Execute system administration of development, test and production systems
- Implement and use monitoring, alerting, and response system capabilities while keeping current with industry and new solutions that may integrate with program systems
- Capture, analyze, and utilize an effective system of software and user performance metrics, data capture, and management
- Implement log capture and use data from system logs for servers and clients for our systems
- Monitor and analyze system metrics, including (WOW, YOY) trend capture
- Implement security management capabilities. Monitor and maintain awareness of user access logging, privilege management among the DEV and Production environments, and help ensure a secure and DoD compliant service and system architecture.
- Implement and employ production change and compliance management systems covering hardware life cycle, system updates, software and security patching, and technology roadmaps.
- Apply and maintain an effective rhythm for updates and progress reporting, as well as awareness of industry best practices.
- Maintain a suite of standard operating procedures (SOPs) to support production operations appropriate to existing or anticipated failure modes that expertly document responses to system failure issues. Build failure triggers and pre-create responses where possible. This includes critical back-up and restoration mechanisms.
- Support multiple development and production sites in the DC area which will include local travel
- Configure and maintain user account management interfaces and system supports including direct customer interface
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and configure cloud computing and big data environments based on many open source and commercial products
- Support the DevOps environment of cutting-edge military and national defense related applications
- Support production environments at various locations across the globe
- Scripting experience (Puppet, Ansible, Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Information Security experience and certifications (NIDS, HIDS, Auditing, Incident Response)
- Run Time Configuration Management experience (Puppet & Ansible)
- Strong knowledge of the installation, configuration, and maintenance cloud computing and big data infrastructure to include Hadoop, Accumulo, Search and Index tools like Elasticsearch
- Understanding of web application infrastructures (Wildfly, Apache, Spring products)
- Familiarity with maintaining configuration management of Puppet scripts in the supported environments
- Experience with VMWARE 6.0 and later
- Experience with configuration of direct attached and storage area network units
- Experience with Agile methodologies and Atlassian products
- Experience with Cloudera Big Data Products, Accumulo and Apache HTTPD
- Supported plans for security and cyber-attack mitigation
This position requires an active US TS/ SCI security clearance.
BreakForth Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- 3+ year’s experience with Linux (CentOS or Red Hat or Ubuntu) system administration to Scripting in a production environment
- Possess experience conducting system performance and file integrity monitoring
- Skilled at managing user issue identification, reporting, tracking and feedback functions
- Ability to recognize and escalate user issues based on trends or alerts
- Solid experience conducting vulnerability scanning, mitigation, and reporting functions