BreakForth Solutions, Inc. (BSI) is seeking a highly skilled Network Engineer (Firewall Centric), SME with TS/SCI w/Poly to join our team of dynamic professionals. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity to express your talents and grow professionally, please contact us at www.BreakForthSolutions.com to apply or respond to this requisition today!
The Network Engineer is responsible for designing technical solutions for complex problems. The candidate will provide technical oversight of a project solution, including requirement interpretation and allocation of requirements to technical components. The candidate will define processes to support the implementation of requirements. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that technical solutions leverage industry best practices, designing for security and excellence while minimizing the total cost of ownership. Candidate should be able to define internal and external customer IT infrastructure architecture needs and then design solutions to meet those needs to include: capacity planning, systems configuration and tuning, monitoring backups, and installations of hardware and software. Candidate will be required to work independently with little supervision and should be flexible to work and support IT Operations needs as requested.
- 5+ years of experience configuring, designing, maintaining, and troubleshooting LAN/WAN devices
- Thorough understanding of network routing concepts (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, IP MPLS)
- 5+ years of experience configuring/maintaining Cisco ASA/Next Generation Firewall
- Experience configuring/maintaining other (non-Cisco) hardware firewall devices such as Palo Alto Network, F5, or Juniper Next Generation Firewalls
- Basic understanding of QoS concepts
- Experience with network monitoring technologies
- Ability to take ambiguous requirements or problems and convert them into technical solutions
- Ability to partner with systems administrators, storage administrators, and application developers to solve complex problems
- Complex problem management research and issue resolution
- Ability to mentor junior network engineers
- Experience configuring, designing, and troubleshooting IP multicast streams
- Experience configuring, designing, and troubleshooting QoS in LAN or WAN devices
- Juniper, Palo Alto, or Cisco Next Generation Firewalls Certifications
BreakForth Solutions, Inc. (BSI) is an equal employment opportunity company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.