Job Title: Field Engineer (SAT Team), Expert
Position Type: Hire
Location: Herndon, VA
Security Clearance: Top Secret / SCI with Poly
BreakForth Solutions, Inc. (BSI) is seeking a Field Engineer (SAT Tean), Expert
with TS/SCI and favorable Poly to join our team of dynamic professionals. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity to express your talents and grow professionally, please contact us at www.BreakForthSolutions.com
to apply or respond to this requisition today!
Field Engineers must maintain a strong awareness of technical equipment; be able to apply the Sponsor’s project management model for development and installation efforts; and provide build, testing, analysis, deployment, and troubleshooting/lifecycle support for innovative hardware/software/ network systems and applications.
Support includes procurement of required equipment or components to support build-out of communications systems; uncrating, set-up and build-out of new equipment. Hardware and software configuration and customization of packages, system integration and testing of built packages, pack-out and shipment of the completed packages. System integration and testing of built packages, preparation of customer system documentation, conducting site surveys as needed prior to installation, drawings of rack elevations, training of onsite customer personnel on installed packages, test, inspection, verification of all customer communications systems ensuring compliance with COMSEC policies and procedures and project management requirements.
- Experience building, configuring, supporting and deploying tactical packages to the field. Placing orders for required equipment or components to support build-out of tactical communications packages under customer procurement efforts.
- Knowledge of SIGINT collection equipment and experience with installation.
- Knowledge with wireless technologies to include GSM/CDMA.
- Strong background in Microsoft Systems Engineering and providing support to those systems.
- Strong recent experience in Windows platform operating system and Microsoft applications including Windows 10 and Server 2012 / 2016 suite.
- Knowledge of virtualization products with a focus on Hyper-V.
- Knowledge of TCIP/IP routing and use of secure scripts.
- Experience providing Tier 3 Support to technical systems.
- Experience configuring, installing and maintaining network multi-layer switches, routers, firewalls, workstations, satellite, and secure communications
- Experience installing and terminating fiber optics and Ethernet cables
- Experience with McAfee product suite.
- Experience conducting site surveys prior to installation activities.
- Ability to interpret drawings of rack elevations, system component front and back views, wiring interconnect diagrams, wire lists, and networks
- Possess knowledge and ability to provide training to onsite personnel on developed and installed packages
- Ability to test, inspect and verify all customer tactical communications systems ensuring compliance with COMSEC policies and procedures and project management requirements.
- Demonstrated strong performance as a technical leader working in a multi-contractor, on-site and virtual environment
- Demonstrated capacity to understand and communicate technical ideas, concepts, and thoughts across multiple technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work in fast pace, high pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Experience working in Customer OCONUS environments
- Experience working in and supporting an Operations Center.
- Experience performing site surveys for systems installations, infrastructure and power requirements
- Experience providing technical training for both foreign and domestic audiences
- Technical Certifications: MCSE and/or CCIE
- Working knowledge of VMWare and ESXi.
- Previous experience with storage devices including NetApp.
- Working knowledge CSFC technologies and methodologies
- Current experience in the Sponsor’s classified and unclassified distributed work environment architectures and systems.
- Secure remote mobile computing.
- 8+ years of experience.
- BS in Computer Engineering or related field.
- Equivalent experience can be substituted for educational requirement. Doctorate & 4 yrs., Masters & 6 yrs., Associate & 10 yrs., High School & 12 yrs.
- Weapons Certification is not required for hire but must be willing and capable of becoming certified.
- Professional licensure not required.
- Up to 50%OCONUS travel, including hazard areas as required.**
- Up to 10% CONUS travel, is required.**
**Travel requirements/amount and duration are subject to the needs of the Customer and maybe more or less than what is listed.**
BreakForth Solutions, Inc. (BSI) is an equal employment opportunity company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.