BreakForth Solutions, Inc. (BSi) is seeking a Systems Administrator, Expert, and TS/SCI and favorable Poly
to join our team of dynamic professionals. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity to express your talents and grow professionally, please contact us at www.BreakForthSolutions.com
to apply or respond to this requisition today!
The Systems Administrator position will apply expertise in the installation, configuration, operations, and maintenance of both Microsoft Windows and Linux-based architectures. The Systems Administrator will focus on improving the stability and performance of the platform, maintaining and improving the security posture of the domain, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise. This individual is accountable for Windows, Linux, and application systems that support the infrastructure. Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering, operations and maintenance, and research and development to ensure continual operation. The individual must be proficient in building, documenting, and providing tier 3 engineering support.
The position requires deep technical knowledge of systems, networks, and application security as well as a solid understanding of enterprise-level security frameworks, policies, processes, and standards. The candidate must have strong analytical skills for troubleshooting complex issues, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 8 to 10 years of related system administration experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Cloud/Virtual computing environments (AWS, C2S, OpenStack, Azure, KVM and VMware)
- Systems administration experience with Apache NiFi
- Familiarity with using distributed search and analytic engines (i.e. ElasticSearch); data collection and log-parsing engines (i.e. Logstash); and analytics and visualization platforms (i.e. Kibana).
BreakForth Solutions, Inc. (BSi) is an equal employment opportunity company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
- Provide daily operational support for Windows and Linux operating systems and applications
- Maintain the integrity and security of systems by monitoring security feeds and dashboards in support of Continuous Monitoring activities
- Develop and maintain standards and procedures for applications across a complex computing infrastructure
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation
- Monitor application and operating system performance and analyze and document problems
- Develop and oversee implementation of testing strategies and document the results
- Leverage scripting and system automation tools
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies
- Research and recommend hardware and software, coordinate installation, and provide backup recovery
- Review problems to understand the root causes of issues and ensure implementation of proper fixes
- Collaborate with system administrators, engineers, and the client to ensure proper integration of applications