Job Title: Cloud Engineer/Dev Ops Engineer, Expert
Position Type: Hire
Location: Herndon, VA
Security Clearance: Top Secret / SCI with Poly
BreakForth Solutions, Inc. (BSI) is seeking a Cloud Engineer/Dev Ops Engineer, Expert with TS/SCI and favorable Poly to join our team of dynamic professionals. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity to express your talents and grow professionally, please contact us at www.BreakForthSolutions.com
to apply or respond to this requisition today!
Responsible for design, development, and implementation of Cloud solutions for a globally available application. Draw on experience with AWS services to meet requirements for resilient, durable, and scalable solutions. Design, develop and implement a touchless software pipeline using tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, and/or Puppet. Participate in the software development life cycle to ensure sound Cloud solutions are enterprise ready.
Participate in planning, implementation and growth of our AWS foundational footprint capabilities. Work closely with the team of architects, software developers, and engineers to recommend and design database or data storage solutions that effectively reflect our business needs, security and service level requirements. Work with application and architecture teams to conduct proof of concept (POC) and implement the design in production environment in AWS. Work with our current application teams to understand our current applications and make migration recommendations and to-be architectures in AWS. Review coding done to advance application upgrades, extension, or other development. Analyze applications for data integrity issues. Work independently or as part of a small team to design, build, automate and document the/a multi-tiered managed service platform. Work independently or as part of a small team to build out automation, AWS CloudFormation or other like orchestration template technology in support of the managed services platform. Write the required template documents, procedures, or guides associated with the respective managed services. Assist with the installation and configuration of a cloud management platform per the requirements of the respective services. Write and implement the respective RBAC policies as required per the respective services. May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high-end development tools to assist or facilitate development process. Facilitate development of automated solutions to monitor and support Customer software development and release processes.
- Ability to effectively manage several projects simultaneously in a rapidly paced environment
- Excellent knowledge of Customer’s software development cycle and O&M processes
- Willing to “go the extra mile” ensuring that time critical requirements are met.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team of very strong personalities in a very dynamic environment
- Highly mission-oriented
- Minimum of 3 years of professional AWS experience
- Experience with programming and infrastructure automation (e.g. Python, Shell, Java and JSON)
- Advanced knowledge of the AWS core services including: EC2, S3, autoscaling, SNS, SQS, Serverless (Lambda), RDS, KMS, roles, security groups, and VPC controls.
- Proficiency and experience with AWS developer tools and workflows (CLI, ARM, Cloud SDK, etc.)
- AWS Solutions Architect certificate
- Experience designing, developing, deploying, testing in Azure architecture.
- Knowledge of Customer field environment
- 9+ years of experience required.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field.
- Equivalent Experience can be substituted for Educational Requirement.
- Weapons certification is not required.
- A professional license or certification is not required.
- Up to 10% OCONUS travel, as required.**
- Up to 10% CONUS travel, as required.**
- **Travel requirements/amount and duration are subject to the needs of the Customer and may be more or less than what is listed.
BreakForth Solutions, Inc. (BSI) is an equal employment opportunity company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.