Job Title: Systems Engineer, Senior
Position Type: Hire
Location: Herndon, VA
Security Clearance: Top Secret / SCI with Poly
BreakForth Solutions, Inc. (BSI) is seeking a Systems Engineer, Senior, with TS/SCI and favorable Poly to join our team of dynamic professionals. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity to express your talents and grow professionally, please contact us at www.BreakForthSolutions.com
to apply or respond to this requisition today!
- System Engineer Expert must maintain a strong awareness of technical trends in information technology, develop and maintain a strong awareness of on-going IT projects, and business unit requirements; be able to apply the Sponsor’s project management model for development efforts; and provide analysis, design, development, deployment, and lifecycle support for innovative hardware/software/ network systems and applications. Work involves developing and supporting end-to-end technical and cost analysis for projects; ensure systems being developed comply with the enterprise technical architecture; help project and program teams prepare for project control gates; and keep senior management apprised of project or program status. Immediate response may be required to restore or maintain system functionality. Some CONUS and/or OCONUS travel may be required. Systems Engineer must possess Local Area Network (LAN) skills; ability to build servers, understand certificate authorities and integrate customer systems into enterprise.
- Strong background in Microsoft Systems Engineering and providing support to those systems.
- Strong recent experience in Windows platform operating system and Microsoft applications including Windows 10 and Server 2012 / 2016 suite.
- Strong knowledge of virtualization products with a focus on Hyper-V.
- Email architecture, design and implementation experience include Lotus Notes / Domino and Microsoft Outlook / Exchange.
- Proficiency in scripting languages with a focus on PowerShell.
- Experience with McAfee product suite.
- Demonstrated strong performance as a Systems Engineer / Architect, developing or implementing information systems with a broad experience base across the entire project lifecycle.
- Demonstrated strong performance as a technical leader working in a multi-contractor, on-site and virtual environment
- Excellent presentation preparation, briefing skills and project management experience
- Demonstrated capacity to understand and communicate technical ideas, concepts, and thoughts across multiple technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work in fast pace, high pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
BreakForth Solutions, Inc. (BSI) is an equal employment opportunity company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
- Technical Certifications: MCSE and/or CCIE
- Working knowledge of VMWare and ESXi.
- Previous experience with storage devices including NetApp.
- Working knowledge CSFC technologies and methodologies
- Current experience in the Sponsor’s classified and unclassified distributed work environment architectures and systems.
- Secure remote mobile computing.
- 4+ years of experience required.
- B.S. in Computer Engineering or related field.
- Equivalent Experience can be substituted for Educational Requirement. Doctorate & 4 yrs., Masters & 6 yrs., Associate & 10 yrs., High School & 12 yrs.
- Weapons certification is not required but must be willing and capable of becoming certified.
- A professional license or certification is not required.
- Up to 10% OCONUS travel, including hazard areas as required.**
- Up to 10% CONUS travel, as required.**
- **Travel requirements/amount and duration are subject to the needs of the Customer and may be more or less than what is listed.