BreakForth Solutions, Inc. (BSi)
is seeking a Systems Administrator (Linux), Senior and TS/SCI and favorable Poly to join our team of dynamic professionals. We offer 100% paid medical benefits for employees and 401K program. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity to express your talents and grow professionally, please contact us at www.BreakForthSolutions.com
to apply or respond to this requisition today!
The Systems Administrator position will apply expertise in the installation, configuration, operations, and maintenance of both Windows- and Linux-based architectures. The systems administrator will focus on improving the stability and performance of the platform, maintaining and improving the security posture of the domain, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise. This individual is accountable for Windows, Linux, and application systems that support the infrastructure. Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering, operations and maintenance, and research and development to ensure continual operation. The individual must be proficient in building, documenting, and providing tier 3 engineering support.
The position requires deep technical knowledge of systems, networks, and application security as well as a solid understanding of enterprise-level security frameworks, policies, processes, and standards. The candidate must have strong analytical skills for troubleshooting complex issues, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. Key duties include maintaining operating systems, application support, integration, design, and assistance with additional duties as needed to support the team.
- Provide daily operational support for Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems and applications
- Support a virtual infrastructure of 700 servers running CentOS in a dev, test, and production configuration, and support an infrastructure of 60 different applications comprising of end user applications, developer tools and infrastructure support applications.
- Maintain the current virtual machine infrastructure, provide support to the remote users, and complete tasking to create new VM's
- Upgrade the VMWARE infrastructure
- Maintain the integrity and security of systems by monitoring security feeds and dashboards in support of Continuous Monitoring activities
- Develop and maintain standards and procedures for applications across a complex computing infrastructure
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation
- Monitor application and operating system performance and analyze and document problems
- Develop and oversee implementation of testing strategies and document the results
- Leverage scripting and system automation tools
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies
- Research and recommend hardware and software, coordinate installation, and provide backup recovery
- Interact with users and evaluate vendor products
- Review problems to understand the root causes of issues and ensure implementation of proper fixes
- Collaborate with system administrators, engineers, and the client to ensure proper integration of applications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, and work experience.
- Certified Linux System Administrator
- Extensive experience with Redhat and/or Centos
- Demonstrated experience with VMWare ESXi infrastructure 6.x + vCenter server, host clustering with HA, DRS, replication
- Demonstrated experience with Docker, Elasticsearch, Kafka, and basic Linux skills for latest versions of CentOS.
- Upgrading VMWare infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience with VMWare Tanzu
- Demonstrated experience in server builds using automated mechanism
- Demonstrated experience with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management and patching and software development
- Demonstrated experience with Ansible with Rundeck
- Demonstrated experience with Jenkins
- Demonstrated experience deploying Docker engines in virtualized platforms for containerization of multiple apps
- Demonstrated experience with Atlassian Jira and SolarWinds
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with other systems administrators, storage administrators, application developers, and network engineers to solve complex problems
BreakForth Solutions, Inc. (BSi) is an equal employment opportunity company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Window Server versions 2008, 2012, 2016, and 2019
- Demonstrated experience with SCCM, WDS, MS SQL server, Exchange, Powershell, batch scripting
- Demonstrated experience with SCOM and MIM
- Demonstrated experience working with syslog applications such as Splunk
- ITIL Foundations Certification a plus
- Certifications relating to IT Security (CISSP, GIAC, Security+) a plus