BreakForth Solutions, Inc. (BSi) is seeking a Systems Engineer, and TS/SCI and favorable Poly to join our team of dynamic professionals. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity to express your talents and grow professionally, please contact us at www.BreakForthSolutions.com to apply or respond to this requisition today!
- The Sponsor provides the technologies and services that training providers need to engage the workforce, deliver learning, and make business decisions.
- The Sponsor’s mission is to create an integrated learning enterprise (LE) that fosters and efficiently delivers high quality learning to every employee.
- Sponsor teams maintain expertise in learning technologies, systems engineering, web design and web application development, software development, classroom IT support, registrar services, online delivery strategies, video production, and data analytics to achieve the mission.
- Work Requirement:
C. Required skills and demonstrated experience:
- The Contractor shall support operations and maintenance of the IT infrastructure, including the course management system (aka Moodle), LE Survey, and Adobe Connect, and a future system.
- The Contractor shall provide support for hosting applications, video, and web-based training on the Sponsor’s servers.
- The Contractor shall ensure systems are available to users 95% of the time.
- The Contractor shall collaborate with Sponsor stakeholders to identify best- fit technical solutions for business unit needs.
- The Contractor shall collaborate with the Sponsor to develop system upgrade requirements and concept of operations documentation.
- The Contractor shall work with other members in ELT team to upgrade legacy systems by incorporating new technology such as GitHub; Sprint Boost; Python; Ruby; NodeJS; Jenkins; MongoDB; AWS services such as Lambda, Route 53, and API Gateway; and future technologies.
- The Contractor shall assist moving the updated systems through the accreditation and authorization (A&A) process to receive authorization to operate in the Sponsor’s cloud environment.
- The Contractor shall identify technical risks and risk mitigation strategies.
- The Contractor shall integrate commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) products into existing systems.
- The Contractor shall install COTS products.
- The Contractor shall configure COTS to support Sponsor requirements.
- The Contractor shall implement application audit into the COTS application.
- The Contractor shall set up authentication to use X509 PKI certification
- Demonstrated on-job experience with MySQL and PHP Scripting
- Demonstrated on-job experience with systems installation and configuration support for Windows servers
- Demonstrated on-job experience developing and deploying on a cloud infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services
- Demonstrated on-job experience configuring servers including Apache Web Server, Tomcat, and MySQL database
- Demonstrated on-job experience creating detail system designs
- Demonstrated on-job experience creating integrated systems architectures
- Demonstrated experience incorporating InfoSec policies into requirements documentation
- Demonstrated on-job experience upgrading legacy technology with new technology such as GitHub, API Gateway, Nexus server, Jenkins, MongoDB, Maven, AWS services, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of x.509 PKI certificate based authentication
- Demonstrated experience resolving computer operations problems
- Demonstrated experience developing in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated experience tracking issues in JIRA
Other demonstrated experiences which are highly desired, though not required, include:
- Demonstrated experience using .NET to customize COTS software
- Demonstrated Experience with Moodle, Adobe Connect and Checkbox
- Demonstrated on-job experience integrating sponsor’s audit requirements into COTS applications.
D. Place of Performance:
- The place of performance is in the Washington Metropolitan Area.
BreakForth Solutions, Inc. (BSi) is an equal employment opportunity company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
- Local travel (POV) will be on an as needed basis within the WMA.