BreakForth is seeking an experienced Linux Systems Administrator
(SA) responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining the Linux servers and workstations. The successful SA responsible for supporting a data analytics platform performing scripting, data modeling and training for a major program within our Government Customer. If you are interested in a rewarding career opportunity, please contact us today.
- Involved in setting up and configuring new systems, installing and maintaining the application software and coordinating the networking connectivity
- Maintain current knowledge in Linux system and are responsible for evaluating appropriate hardware and software technologies.
- Involved in designing, implementing, securing and maintaining the data analytics platforms for the Customer’s test, development and production environments
- Identify and analyze critical issues that impede the performance of the system, working in close coordination with the product development team and recommending and executing solutions for the issues
- Implement supporting tasks that are included, but not limited to code deployment, managing source control systems, virtual servers, scripting, etc.
- Account for and identify discrepancies in the system, assess the risks, and implement solutions by adhering to the security standards and technical documentation
- Be able to write and modify scripts for application deployments as well as system monitoring
- Develop and oversee the backup, replication, clustering and fail over strategies
- Participate in and execute various cross training activities, so as to achieve a comfort level that supports the database. They may also be involved in training the Customer team members on the deployed data analytics platform.
- Support the maintenance of proper documentation of all the procedures, configurations, programs, etc.
- Provide customer support through e-mail, telephone, knowledge based programs and other resources.
- Provide technical expertise and deliver high quality services that satisfies the customers and advances their investigative missions.
Demonstrated Experience using:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or the equivalent in experience or at least 8 years of experience in technical support/data analysis/implementations as equivalent.
- 5 years’ experience in Linux Server Administration
- 3 years’ experience in SaaS, DaaS, AI, Big Data, Cloud or similar industries.
- Working knowledge of coding languages, scripting including:
- Shell (sh, BASH)
- PYTHON (nice to have)
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation.
- Linux operating system
- SSH (server configuration and client configuration)
- JDBC/ODBC to access Databases/Systems (both relational and object)
- JSON file format
- XML file format
- Experience communicating technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Must possess strong presentation skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels.
- Highly proficient with PPT, Excel and related analytical tools (SQL).
- Active TS Clearance from US Government
- Strong data analysis skills and the ability to navigate spreadsheets to identify trends, outliers, correlations and reconciliation needs across large data sets.
- Comfort level working in a metric-driven environment, including reporting on and improving business performance against a set of monthly KPIs and metrics.
- Prior experience working with Government clients, Law Enforcement Agencies and/or clients focused on intelligence analysis.