BreakForth Solutions, Inc. (BSi) is seeking a Geospatial Data Services, SME, and TS/SCI and favorable Poly
to join our team of dynamic professionals. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity to express your talents and grow professionally, please contact us at www.BreakForthSolutions.com
to apply or respond to this requisition today!
The Software Engineer will design, develop, code, test, and debug complex new software products, or make significant enhancements to existing software. The ideal candidate is a hands-on software developer with experience with application development to customer specifications. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and software development and the proven ability to fashion robust solutions. They must be at ease working in an Agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- At least ten (10) years of related software development experience
- Hands-on experience with application development in Java.
- Hands-on experience with Linux.
- Experience with a RDBMS (SQL) or a NoSQL data store.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies. This includes participating in daily team stand up meetings and being an active participant in code reviews and pull requests.
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) or cluster servers a plus
- Experience with automation technologies (Ansible, Puppet) or a desire to learn and build systems with automation technologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- We’re looking for someone with 3 to 5 years of experience and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Experience in modern programming languages like Java and Python.
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with building APIs and libraries.
BreakForth Solutions, Inc. (BSi) is an equal employment opportunity company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
- Analyze, design and develop software for a high-volume geospatial search application.
- Design and develop a processing platform using various configuration management technologies.
- Test software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, analyst, project managers and other engineers.
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software systems and application issues.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to sustain and advance our organization’s capabilities.