BreakForth Solutions, Inc. (BSi) is seeking a Software Engineer,SME, and TS/SCI and favorable Poly
to join our team of dynamic professionals. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity to express your talents and grow professionally, please contact us at www.BreakForthSolutions.com
to apply or respond to this requisition today!
Software Engineer (SME)
The Software Engineer will design, develop, code, test, and debug complex software products, or make significant enhancements to existing software. The ideal candidate is: a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms, with experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products OR a specialized hands-on performant frameworks builder with the know-how and modern experience of the most marketed products in business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products in the world. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and big data technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
The minimum knowledge, skills, abilities, traits, and other characteristics necessary for a new employee to effectively perform in the position. Knowledgeable in developing infrastructures and has experience with processing. The ideal candidate for this position will be a reliable and adept programmer who is eager to break down large technical problems and solve them systematically.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- At minimum 10 years in field or related/equivalent experience based on level
Demonstrated on-the-job experience:
- Operations, to include Git/Jenkins/Rundeck and Jira/Confluence
- System administration of Centos/Linux servers
- Ability to write short Python/Java/Bash scripts
- Ability to write technical documentation for Security (ATO), architecture, and implantation guides
- Team focused, willing to develop and implement solutions in a dispersed team environment
- Available for off-hours deployment and off-hours system repair
- Experience developing network and security solutions as they relate to data movement between system including multi-level security
- Familiar with the concepts of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and a desire to explore their application to a successful and established program.
BreakForth Solutions, Inc. (BSi) is an equal employment opportunity company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
- Analyze business needs and implementation approaches for high-quality deliverables
- Work independently and collaboratively to complete projects on time
- Deliver successfully on all aspects of the product lifecycle